Carpet stains can be cleaned by several methods:
1. White Vinegar and water solution:
- Keep the iron ready next to the area of the carpet stain and place it on the highest steam setting available.
- Take a spray bottle and fill it up with one-third part vinegar and three-fourths part water. The amount of the solution can be made according to the size of the stains.
- Take a white cotton rag or towel, large enough to cover the stain, in warm water and wring it out so that it becomes damp.
- Spray the vinegar solution all over the carpet stain to cover it completely.
- Place the damp cloth all over the carpet stain.
- Place the heated iron on the towel until the stain is completely removed from the carpet.
2. Carpet stain removal by iron and dishwashing liquid
- Plug in the iron and put it on low steam setting
- Add few drops of concentrated dish washing soap in a bucket followed by addition of 2 cups of warm water.
- Place a white cotton rag or towel into the soap solution and dampen it.
- Place the towel completely over the carpet stain and place the iron on top of it.
- Let the iron be on the top of the towel until the stain gets removed or for 15 minutes.
3. Cleaning wax from the carpet
- Plug in the iron and put it on the low setting near the waxed carpet.
- Scrape or cut the wax as much as possible using a dull knife or scissors
- Place white towel over the waxed area over the carpet.
- Gently iron over the towel until the wax has liquefied completely
- Apply baking soda to any left-over greasy wax spots and do the vacuum over the area until the stains are cleaned completely.