Mold and mildew are fungal growths that grow on a surface which adapt to the right climate conditions. Mold and mildew grow in warm and damp places where there isn’t much light. It not only has a displeasing odour but can also create respiratory problems for people surrounding the area.
Mold and mildew cleaning is never a pleasant task but if it’s on the mattress and you plan to use the same mattress again, then it is necessary to consider cleaning it. Here is the way of mattress cleaning containing mold and mildew:
- Take the mattress outside in the sun and be sure to remove all the beddings from it.
- Use a soft-to-medium bristle brush to brush away as much of the mold and mildew as possible.
- Mix one- part bleach with three parts water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution onto the affected area of the mattress. Spray enough to completely saturate and cover the affected area.
- Allow the mattress to stay in the sunshine for the rest of the day. The sunshine will help to kill off any lingering mold and mildew spores and discard the odour.
Care needs to be taken not to store or cover the mattress with anything till it is completely dry so that mold and mildew do not come back again. You should protect yourself while dealing with mold and mildew by wearing glasses, gloves and a mask.